EMERGENCY CERTIFICATE (EC) can be issued for:

  • Political refugees
  • Stateless children under the patronage of the Department of Public Welfare
  • Foreigners whose passport or travel document is lost and no consular missions of that national available in the Kingdom
  • Alien’s infant whose consular mission of that national is no available in Thailand

Aliens listed above are eligible to apply for Emergency Certificate (EC) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Department of Consular Affairs, Visa and Travel Documents Division located on Chaengwattana Road, Bangkok 10210, Tel. 0-2981-7171 ext. 3201  or  3202  / direct line  0-2575-1062-3


  • An application form completely filled out
  • Daily Report on Lost Documents from Royal Thai Police with its two copies
  • 3 photographs (2 1/2 inches) taken within the past six months
  • Confirmed ticket identified the departure date with its copy
  • Letter from the Ministry of Interior (Political refugees) with its two copies
  • A Certificate of Birth with its its two copies (Alien’s infant)
  • Letter from Department of Public Welfare with its two copies


300 Baht

Full information on applying for Travel document for alians (TD) is here.

Immigration forms download centre is here.