Aliens as listed below are eligible to apply for Travel Document (TD) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Department of Consular Affairs, Visa and Travel Documents Division located on Chaengwattana Road, Bangkok 10210 , Tel. 0-2981-7171 ext. 3201 or  3202,  direct line 0-2575-1062-3

  • Aliens who are granted permanent residence in Thailand and have been denied by their own government in issuing passport or travel document
  • Stateless persons
  • Aliens who are granted permanent residence in Thailand under a special ten-million investment programme


  • A House Registration with its copy
  • A Residence Certificate with its copy
  • A Certificate of Alien with its copy
  • 3 photographs (2 1/2 inches) taken within the past six months
  • An application form completely filled out


500 Baht for issuing or renewal


1 year

Full information on applying for Emergency Certificate is here.

Immigration forms download centre is here.