Advisory note about the legal profession in Thailand
There is no restriction on any Thai national, with or without a law degree, to offer you legal advice. However, only lawyers accredited with the Lawyers’ Council of Thailand are licensed to give you legal advice and represent you in a court of law in Thailand. These licences are restricted to Thai nationals only who have received appropriate qualifications and training and they must follow professional ethics and their code of conduct.
Foreign nationals, regardless of their qualifications and licence to practice in other countries are not permitted to provide advice or represent you within the Thai legal jurisdiction but can obtain a limited licence with an appropriate permit entitling them to offer advisory services in foreign and international law (i.e. become a foreign legal consultant) The Lawyers’ Council of Thailand and the Thai Bar Association are responsible for regulating those lawyers who are their members. If you wish to complain about your lawyer conduct you may submit your concerns directly with them. Similarly, you may contact the appropriate authority of any foreign national lawyer operating in Thailand within the country that they are regulated.
Lawyer Council under the Royal Patronage
249 Phaholyothin Road, Anusawari, Bang Khen, Bangkok 10220,
Tel. 02-522-7124 to 27
Phone 02-522-7143 to 47
Legal Consultation Hotline 1167
Thailand in Q&A cannot accept any liability to any person or company for any financial loss or damage arising from the use of this information or from any failure to give information. Our aim is to provide our customers with as much relevant information to enable them to make better informed decisions but our lists are not recommendations and should not be treated as such.
For your convenience, here is the list of Translation & Interpretation companies in Thailand.
TILLEKE & GIBBINS INTERNATIONAL
- 90 English speaking lawyers licensed to practice in Thailand. They also have 3 foreign national lawyers licensed to practice in England and Wales
- They are accredited with the Lawyers’ Council of Thailand
- Their legal services covers all areas of law
- They have experience of representing 700 British clients and companies
- A pro bono scheme is available for charitable causes and individuals
- Legal services can be provided in Thai, English and 6 other languages
- Their office is located in Bangkok. They have international offices in Hanoi, Ho Chi Mhin City, Jakarta, Vientiane, Phnom Penh and Yangon
- Geographical coverage: All provinces in Thailand
Address: Supalai Grand Tower, 26th Floor 1011 Rama 3 Road, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120
- Tel: +66 (0) 2 653 5555
- Fax: +66 (0) 2 653 5678
E-mail: [email protected]