(as of Jan 03,2020 00:43:36 UTC – Details)
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a fresh layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
Fodor’s Essential Thailand includes:
- • AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of Thailand, as well as neighboring Cambodia and Laos.
- • SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including special features on the Grand Palace, Angkor Wat, Thai markets, the Buddha in Thailand, and Thailand’s beaches.
- • INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- • MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
- • MORE THAN 50 DETAILED MAPS AND A FREE PULLOUT MAP help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- • EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS offer options for every taste.
- • TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS include: guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; basic Thai phrases; and a calendar of festivals and events.
- • LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find under-the-radar gems including: “20 Things to Eat and Drink in Thailand,” “10 Unique Places to Stay,” “10 Ethical Animal Encounters,” “Best Outdoor Adventures,” and lists of the best temples and natural wonders
- • HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- • COVERS: Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Ayutthaya, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Samui, Cambodia, and Laos, and includes the Ruins of Ayutthaya, Khao Suk National Park, Phanom Rung, the Grand Palace, Angkor Wat, Koh Similan, and more.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting more of Southeast Asia? Check out Fodor’s Essential Vietnam.
Original cover photography by Jill Krueger.
“Fodor’s is pitched a few notches higher….aimed at a fairly discerning traveler with an appetite for background and the occasional surprise.” – New York Times
“The Fodor’s guides are notable for their ratings of sights, restaurants, shops, accommodations and attractions.” – Chicago Tribune
“In terms of comprehensiveness of coverage, the very accessible format, and the enthusiastic tone, this series remains one of the best on the market.” – Booklist
“Fodor’s super-informative guidebooks are known for accuracy and attention to detail.” – Sacramento Bee
“Fodor’s can help you plan the perfect adventure.” – Arizona Republic