NAM PRIK GAPI
- Cutting board
- Wooden mortar and pestle or metal or glass bowl
- 30 chillies green and red beard's chillies stems removed
- 2 tbsp roasted shrimp paste in banana leaves
- 2 tbsp peeled garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp ground dried shrimps
- 3 pcs finely sliced bolo maka (ma-euk) hair removed
- 1 tbsp salacca thingly sliced
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 5-6 pcs egg plants stems removed
- Pound the shrimp paste with garlic. Add the dried shrimp and pound again. Add bola maka
salacca, chilies and pea eggplants. Pound until the pea eggplants and chilies slightly break
Add sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Mix well. Make sure that the flavors are spicy, sour and
- Serve in a bowl. Serve with fresh vegetables, boiled vegetables, fried vegetables and fried
- To make the fried vegetables diped in eggs, mix the all-purpose flour and eggs in a bowl. Stir to prepare it as a dip before the frying process. Slice the eggplants into 2 cm-thick pieces. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil is heated, coat the eggplants with the flour mixture. Then deep-fry it in the pan until it tuns golden. Repeat with the remaining eggplants.
- Put the climbing wattles in the flour bowl and mix well, then deep-fry in a heated oil. Flip it to
the other side once it is cooked on both sides, then drain. Once cooled, chop to bite-size squares.
Mature green and red bird’s eye chilies give a better smell than the young chilies. The shrimp paste grilled in banana leaves gives a good smell with no fishy odor.