Thai Pomelo Salad Yam Som-O (ยำส้มโอ)
- Spice Grinder
- Mortar and pestle
- 1 tbsp grilled crispy fish pounded
- 3 tbsp peeled shallots finelychopped and roasted
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- 11 tbsp peeled garlic finelychopped and roasted
- 3 tbsp tamarind paste
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- Pound the chili, dried fish, shallot and garlic until they are well mixed. Add the mixture into a pot.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and tamarind paste. Stir well to mix. Heat at medium to low heat and simmer until the sauce thickens. Remove from the stove.
- Peel the shrimps and remove the head and tail. Halved Jengthwise, devein and thinly slice. Add the pomelo to a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and gently mix. Then add the coconut,peanuts, shallots and half portion of the kaffir lime leaves. Mix well.
- Serve in a plate with lettuce or coral tree leaves on the side. Sprinkle with shallots, chili and the remaining kaffir lime leaves. Also, the dish can be served in a small cup as an appetizer